Performing as a Pianist in Gloucestershire
My name is Eugene Portman and I just love it when I am booked as a pianist in Gloucestershire. There is an amazing variety of venues in the county and I have played the piano at many of them. Gloucestershire is popular for weddings and there is a great choice of venues including hotels, castles, historic buildings, and golf clubs.
Quite a lot of my work as a pianist in Gloucestershire is playing classical music which I really enjoy. This can range from just a few pieces for a ceremony to one or two hours for an art exhibition. Classical music is great, but it isn’t the right thing for all events. Sometimes music of a lighter vein is needed. Fortunately, I play music from many different genres including pop, swing, rock, sing-a-long, classical, Latin, jazz, blues and ragtime. This versatility means that my music is ideal for a variety of different types of events. Furthermore, when it comes to weddings I can provide music for every part of your wedding day.
My main interest and focus is music from the jazz and swing era. This sort of music seems to work well as a backdrop to many events. The word jazz often scares people off, but my music consists of great tunes that we all know. These are songs that were performed by the likes of Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Glen Miller, and Tony Bennet. The pianists that have inspired me are musicians such as Erroll Garner, Oscar Peterson, and George Shearing.
My Work as a Sing-along Pianist in Gloucestershire
There has been a recent trend in Gloucestershire is to book me as a sing-a-long pianist. This is something quite new to me and I find the work really enjoyable. This sort of thing is becoming more and more popular and I can provide all the necessary song sheets. Please visit the sing-a-long page for more information about this. alternatively, You can visit my other website at www.uksingalongpianist.co.uk.
Also, please don’t just stay on this page. The rest of the site contains loads of different styles of piano music and does explain the different services that I can offer. To hear examples of the different styles of music that I play, please visit the following pages:
If you would like help with your ceremony music then please visit the ceremony music page.
Please note that I am always willing to learn any requests that you may have.
Here are some of Gloucestershire’s venues I’ve visited as a pianist:
- Lansdown Bar, Lansdown Road, Cheltenham GL50 2LG
- Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 6EL
- Rendcombe College, Rendcombe, Nr Cirencester GL7 7HA
- Thornbury Castle, Thornbury, Gloucestershire BS35 1HH
- The Bear of Rodborough, Rodborough Common, Stroud GL5 5DE
- The Kingscote Barn, Binley Farm, Kingscote, Tetbury, Gloucestershire GL8 8YE
- Elmore Court, Elmore, Gloucestershire GL2 3NT
- Old Elm Inn, Church Road, Churchdown, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL3 2ER
- Greyhound Inn (The), Ashton Road, Siddington, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6HR
- Puckrup Hall, Puckrup Ln, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 6EL
- Hare and Hounds Hotel, Bath Road, Westonbirt, Gloucestershire GL8 8QL
I am available as a pianist all over Gloucestershire. Here are some of the towns and villages I cover:
- Bishop’s Cleeve
- Charlton Kings
- Chipping Campden